tattoo elemets difficulty mixing

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

OAKPOTSMOKE
Hardcore

Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:12 am

im trying to figure out a way to include the following into a tattoo.....harley davidson bar and sheild...fireworks(prolly a firecracker).a rifle or a pistol..and a a few beer bottles. artists are far and i want sum think time on this 1 thats y im asking u guyz...
magnumman
Hardcore

Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:19 am

Don't forget the giant pot leaf. :lol:
deathandoreos
Hardcore

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:16 pm

sounds like you need to look up david mann art work!!
threesixafix
Hardcore

Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:21 pm

OAKPOTSMOKE wrote:im trying to figure out a way to include the following into a tattoo.....harley davidson bar and sheild...fireworks(prolly a firecracker).a rifle or a pistol..and a a few beer bottles. artists are far and i want sum think time on this 1 thats y im asking u guyz...
arent you like 17? how would a harley tat make sense?
hanalotus
Hardcore

Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:51 am

I think you have too many elements and that is your problem. It also depends on how large you would like the tattoo to be. Honestly, from a purely aesthetic point of view, I can't see those elements making any sense in one tattoo and looking good. The artists might be far (I assume in distance, from your statement) but a tattoo artist worth their salt will be able to do that better than any one of us here. You haven't said where you would like this to be. A tattoo with those elements on the arm would need to be set up in a far different manner than in the middle of your back. If you're really wanting to put thought into it, you have to start by communicating what it is you want to show with the tattoo (and I mean the overall theme meaning) as well as placement and size. That's minimal information required before any of us can give you a decent opinion. :)
Aera
Hardcore

Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:50 pm

I dunno about this... why dont get multiple tattoos?
OAKPOTSMOKE
Hardcore

Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:51 am

memorial tattoo..12x6 size
hanalotus
Hardcore

Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:17 am

Ok, 12x6--so I'm going to assume this will be on the upper back, centered? Honestly, I'm having a hard time mixing those elements. The only things I can come up with, I'm not sure will work. Seeing as the harley davidson bar and shield are highly recognizable, you could have it as the "background" with the the other objects taking "foreground" so to speak. This would mean that the bar and sheild would be partially hidden by the foreground objects, but like I said, it's highly recognizable so it would theoretically still work. Maybe one beer bottle would be empty on its side in front and bottom of the sign and one would be standing up to the front and out. The gun, I picture a pistol only because it won't offset the balance of the tat against the size of the beer bottles, on the other front and side of the shield. You can have two firecrackers, lit and sticking out of the standing beer's mouth and the other sticking out of the barrel of the pistol. That's all I got for ya.
yorvo
Hardcore

Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:42 am

Harley Shield as a coat of arms, pistol and big firecracker crossed like bones, and empty beer bottles scattered below.

Beer bottle with Harley logo on it with pistol and firecracker crossed below.

Pistol shooting a flag with the Harley logo on it and a beer bottle with a firecracker logo on it.

Firecracker with a Harley T-shirt on, drinking a beer shooting a gun.

Gun and firecracker with the Harley logo on them. Inside the beer bottle. Like an old ship.

A biker wearing the shirt, drinking a beer, shooting an exploding target.

That should get your wheels turning
OAKPOTSMOKE
Hardcore

Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:45 am

ty both of u gave me alot of ideas of my own wit ur suggestions
yorvo
Hardcore

Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:25 am

OAKPOTSMOKE wrote:ty both of u gave me alot of ideas of my own wit ur suggestions
That's the whole idea my friend. No one here is going to come up with an idea for you. But it helps to bounce them back and forth.
FORK
Hardcore

Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:13 pm

what if the bar and shield were made to look like the road, like put in the perspective that makes them look like they are the ground. Then you have a biker riding over it holding a rifle in one hand, beer bottle in the other, and fireworks in the sky behind?
EvilJay
Hardcore

Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:20 pm

New school Pin-up... Biker chic with a bar and shield bra-top on. Beer bottle in one hand and a rifle in the other. Fireworks or explosions in the background. Get a banner with like "Live fast / Die Young" or some shit like that if you feel it. You could go anywhere with the bold pinup design.