My New Tattoo Please Price It

If you're new to getting tattooed ask your questions here

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Freddie, CxCx

Gangstex

Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:53 am

Hello, this is my 1st tattoo, i used someone else's back as a template & used photshop to put it exactly how i want it on my back??

Would you lot be able to price it.. give me an estimation :)

Thanks

Im from england, btw, but i have currency converter, so it don't really matter what currency you estimate it in..

buttwheat
Hardcore

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:02 am

I will do it for a case of beer
FORK
Hardcore

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:08 am

lol a girls name and tribal... yikes. well i'd say its worth about 3.75 cents but I suppose it'd cost something like 350-500 depending on the artist. really though? do you really want to get that?
Gangstex

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:23 am

Okay, if it don't look that good to you, could you do one better for my back, like a wickied desighn ;) containing the girls name still??

If yes :) go ahead
Freddie
Hardcore

Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:11 pm

Honestly, for something like that (i.e that large across the shoulders), I'd place it between $250-$800. That said, that's USD, and we're in what most would refer to as an "economically depressed" area of the the US.

I have no clue what British artists are changing, or how it compares to what most artists change in the states.

Most US artists break down to between $100 and $200 an hour, and a piece like that, depending on the artist, is going to take between 2 and a half and 4 hours, depending on the speed of the artist. Hence, $250 to $800.

Beyond that, at this point, you really should be going to shops and speaking with artists, because, as artists, they're going to be MORE than willing to design you something far stronger graphically than what you have. What you've done is good reference as to what you what and where you want it, but it really won't make the strongest tattoo.
Angertank
Hardcore

Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:45 pm

That's a pretty expensive thing to have to regret.
FORK
Hardcore

Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:08 pm

Gangstex wrote:Okay, if it don't look that good to you, could you do one better for my back, like a wickied desighn ;) containing the girls name still??

If yes :) go ahead
I don't think you quite got the point I was trying to make. actually there are two points. First of all, if you really want a tribal tattoo thats fine, but (and i think the vast majority of people on here would agree) a generic tribal design just doesnt have anything to do with your life and doesn't really mean anything to you personally. Look at all the tattoos on here, almost all of them reflect some part of the person. I've had friends get tribal tattoos and nearly all of them regret it because it just doesn't mean anything. I could draw you a tribal, but i'd rather give you ideas for a tattoo that is unique and doesn't look the same as half the fools on miami beach.

as far as my other point, lemme give you a statistical quote:

A majority of Americans with tattoos (83%) do not regret getting them, while 17% do feel regret. And, the reason cited most often for feeling regret about getting tattoos was "because of the person's name in the tattoo" (16%).

if it's a memorial tattoo then that might be ok. is it? or is Laura your girlfriend or wife. Seriously, name tattoos are a really bad idea.
Himst1935

Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:36 am

This website is creating communities because it has made a huge platform for everyone to get connected and share their opinions. I prefer to check essay pro reviews and get more new ideas to write their stories. Here you can resolve your any query about any things and I appreciate them for sharing about tattoos so every tattoo lover must head towards it.