Japan

Talk about anything....

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid

Sphenoid
Hardcore

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:41 am

They got fucked pretty hard with the natural disasters. And now the anti nuclear crowd is using it as a poster child for why not to build nuclear power sources. I think the power plants have done a kick ass job at working as designed and given that they are over 40 years old just go to prove how safe and reliable they are. There are 6 reactors on that facility and after getting hit with a record breaking earthquake and a huge ass tsunami they had some problems with only 2 and those are being mitigated so they have slowed the problem down considerably.

So should this be used for or against nuclear energy?
trevcam11
Hardcore

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:27 am

The hippies will jump on anything they can. The calculated moves people make for their own cause is sometimes sick. The simple fact that their argument is that in the event of a earthquake AND tsunami of mass proportions, we COULD have a nuclear disaster is just absurd. I find it slightly...ironic, poetic, I don't know...that they just finally have in recent years gotten rid of all the radiation from WW2 and now they are in the shit again.
super_sam
Hardcore

Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:00 pm

Just like poop... radiation is everywhere..

Nuclear power should be used everywhere. Had it been a coal-fired plant, everyone would have had black lung. Our news media is a bunch of fucking morons with a clearly political sponsorship.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:45 pm

Couldnt agree more. Been saying it for years...

On a side note, I'm tired of hearing about "America's Reaction" and what we're gonna do. We're fuckin broke here. We rebuilt your country one too many times already. Fend for yourselfs fuckers..
trevcam11
Hardcore

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:10 pm

EvilJay wrote:Couldnt agree more. Been saying it for years...

On a side note, I'm tired of hearing about "America's Reaction" and what we're gonna do. We're fuckin broke here. We rebuilt your country one too many times already. Fend for yourselfs fuckers..
Thank you! I thought Haiti was worse though. How much money have we already sunk into that shit hole of a country? These things suck but why are we expected to clean up everyone's mess? Those fuckers are mad devoted though. I heard a quote from one plant worker saying "I am prepared to die to avoid meltdown."

We need to go isolationistic, that's how i've always felt. Fuck the world, we're one of the newest countries on the global scale. Why is little brother supporting the family?
threesixafix
Hardcore

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:26 pm

I really dont know anything about it so it doesnt matter to me.
Sphenoid
Hardcore

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:50 pm

trevcam11 wrote:
EvilJay wrote:Couldnt agree more. Been saying it for years...

Thank you! I thought Haiti was worse though. How much money have we already sunk into that shit hole of a country?
Do you remember all those commercials with Bush and Clinton urging people to donate to their fund for Haiti? If you do and/or if yo0u donated I'm sure that you will be relieved to hear that all those millions of dollars they raised...... they lost. they were asked what they did with the money and they have no clue. That is just hularious.