Who should have access to the tattoo artist only forum?

Place a request to join the Tattoo Artist/Apprentice Sections

Moderator: EvilJay

arctiumlappa

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:18 am

Wow you are mean... But I can respect that. I am sure we will chat again sweetheart but I have to go to bed.. Its 2:16 am here. Have a lovely night and don"t deny yourself your beauty sleep.
Sweet Dreams.
Betty B
BadWolf
Verified

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:21 am

If you can even sleep after doing what you have done, you have no soul.
For you to make jokes about it is absolutely sickening.
Burn in Hell.
Mods, PLEASE delete this piece of shit's profile and ban them.
arctiumlappa

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:30 am

I am truly sorry you feel this way. I have just wrote to ajj an eikon to ask them the questions you have asked me and when I have there reply I will notify you. It's funny you can say I have no soul, when I have been nothing but kind to you. You said you are good friends with whoevers name you dropped from eikon...If you think their practice is so wrong why would you call such a proprietor of evil doings and possible spreader of infectious disease a friend?. I have not hurt anyone...But i am sad that you feel the need to be so demeaning to those around you. Tyrul I hope you have a wonderful night.
Betty B
arctiumlappa

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:34 am

Sorry my bad you said you know "Bill" from eikon very well, in no way did you refer to him as a friend...
arctiumlappa

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:36 am

I am fairly sure after reviewing my posts I made no jokes avout sterilization processes...In fact I think I was fairly copasetic . Except the guitar string, which happened and was followed by a disclaimer.
BadWolf
Verified

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:38 am

You haven't hurt anyone???
Prove that. Prove it by showing me that the needles and tubes you are using are sterile.
I never said anyone was my friend. I said I knew him well. And he never claimed that the needles should be trusted to be sterile. He is a firm advocate of doing things properly, and would not condone what you are doing. The fact is, you have no idea who you have hurt. You have no idea of anything, and that is painfully clear. You have no business here. Or anywhere decent responsible humans congregate.
Please go away.
If you ever wish to do ANYTHING decent in your entire life, give up tattooing, which you and your "mentor" obviously have no clue about, and just GO AWAY.
arctiumlappa

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:40 am

You are right you are the best...
Good night.
Wait how is distributing something not condoning it use??
BadWolf
Verified

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:46 am

Because YOU are the one actually USING IT. They simply SUPPLY IT, and YOU are SUPPOSED to be intelligent enough to do what is necessary.
YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO ASK eikon or anyone else what the procedure is for their "sterile" needles. YOU should have had the COMMON SENSE to sterilize them YOURSELF. You should have the common sense to realize that unless they were sterilized BY YOU, that you could not prove that they were sterile. A fucking three year old has the capability to process that information! Are you seriously telling me you are that ignorant and are breaking the skin of human beings????
That company tries hard to deal only with people who understand what is going on. It isn't their fault when someone like you and your mentor slip through and get supplies from them without the understanding of what is going on.
The Canadian law says that those instruments MUST BE STERILE. My question is: Can you prove that is the case if you didn't sterilize them yourself?
Perhaps the Canadian law would even allow you to get away with doing things as you do. But we shouldn't have to rely on the Canadian government to make that decision. Anyone with a conscience would be able to make that decision on their own.
You claim to have an autoclave. What is preventing you from placing those instruments in it and pressing a button? Is it REALLY that much of an inconvienience to do that? Even if it removes all doubt, and absolutely assures you that your client is safe?
This isn't a "faith-based" industry. If you want to be in a faith based industry, get a minister's license and open a church.
jinx13

Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:41 am

I am glad to see some concern for the commonly accepted practices of PROFESSIONAL tattoo artists, however there is also another viewpoint. I absolutely hate it when someone thinks because they watched a tv show about tattooing and they buy a kit from a magazine that they are now qualified to tattoo people. The lack of respect for customer's as well as the industry and it's history is shameful. There is also a part of me that thinks that if they are insisting on continuing to attempt to tattoo, then any proper information that makes it to their brain is definitely a GOOD thing. There are definite arguments on either belief as sometimes a little information in the wrong hands is a bad thing. I have only just checked this site out from a post in another forum. My observations so far are that there seems to be quite a bit of hostility from some as well as a lot of poor quality tattoo work posted here. I would guess that many on this forum are still fairly new to the trade (less than five years say). I still don't know if I will even stick around here as is seems that there is a clique mentality and I have always hated that in the convention scene as well.

before I am attacked for posting this, let me just say that I am in no way singling out any members or calling into question their desire to tattoo safely. I have been tattooing professionally since 1994 and I have personally been involved in the autoclaving of every single batch of equipment in that time with two exceptions where I was working out of other trusted artists shops using their equipment sterilized by them. To this day I still make and sterilize all of my own needles for quality control issues.

I think as professionals we should work toward promoting a safe environment for tattooing as well as move forward in a positive manner and not work towards discrediting each other.
arctiumlappa

Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:01 pm

Thank you.
BadWolf
Verified

Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:39 pm

arctiumlappa wrote:Thank you.
For what?
BadWolf
Verified

Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:44 pm

There is a very big leap between discrediting someone and calling them out for stupidity and laziness. If I were to wrongly accuse an artist who is doing what they should be of something, that would be discrediting them, and that would be wrong.
When someone is too lazy or hasn't got the ability to raionalize that they should not trust a person they have never met to sterilize their equippment, that has nothing to do with discrediting them. Any credit they had was illusionary to begin with.
Melizerd

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:09 pm

I think that assuming that the needles are sterilized is like assuming all the toys that come in the US are lead free...since they're SUPPOSED to be. We all know (especially lately) that this isn't true. It only takes ONE to slip through.

I'd take something I know over something I don't any day.
fall_child138
Hardcore

Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:07 am

EVERY shop in BC that i have been into.. and let me tell you, i've been into a lot.. and i've walked out of a lot..

have always... had a seperate room.. where they keep their autoclave and possible tainted materials...

every artist in bc that i've been to.. has shown me sterile needles that they have set into their own autoclaves themselves..

every shop i've been into.. has had a frame on the wall containing their latest sample, my last artist, jason o'sullivan, BOldersyde custom, has told me all about his latest visit with the health inspector.. don't you dare say that our rules are lax

i may be piss tanked right now... but i would never walk into your shop and ask for a tattoo without knowing that you've sterilized your OWN shit.. and god help those poor suckers who do...

so what shithole.. err shop do you work in then.. somewher around hastings, i'm guessing? prince george area, maybe... up further where nobody cares
BadWolf
Verified

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:38 pm

I have just wrote to ajj an eikon to ask them the questions you have asked me and when I have there reply I will notify you.
..........Well...........